In his controversial new book, Profits of Death: An Insider Exposes the Death
Care Industries, Darryl J. Roberts, a 30-year veteran of the death care
business, breaks the industry's tacit code of silence. This book and website's purpose
is to educate the public about the ways many
funeral directors and cemetery operators seduce consumers into spending far more
than they need to when making final arrangements.
As seen on CBS 60 Minutes
Every once in a great while, a book comes along that reveals information so
startling, so unthinkable, that it challenges all our notions about "how things
are done". By unlocking the doors to
the mortuary and swinging back the cemetery gates, he reveals to the American
public the unvarnished truth about...
...and the many ways you can save money to cut your costs by as much as
- What actually goes on behind a mortuary's closed doors
- How the "death merchants" manipulate you into overspending
- Why giving too much information to the funeral director is risky
- When pre-need planning may be your best option
- Some of the biggest mistakes you can make when planning a funeral
- How to skillfully navigate the maze of decisions that must be made
Mr. Roberts is available as a speaker and/or guest columnist.
Profits of Death - Published by Darryl J. Roberts
Produced by Five Star Publications Incorporated
We would like to hear about your experiences with the death care industries. Please
browse our site and E-mail, write, or fax
us your experiences. Darryl J. Roberts will respond to your questions.